Join us for a farm day where we'll see an assortment of animals, including peacocks, learn about bees and see their habitat, and go swimming to cool off. Be mindful that this is a working farm and smells as such.
1. If you are scared of animals then this is not the place for you to visit.
2. It will be hot and there will be bugs. Bug spray is helpful but won’t keep away wasps and honey bees. If someone is allergic to bees this may not be a good choice for a visit.
3. There are some rules we will want to go over at the start of the day, for example, not opening gates or entering areas without permission; and also treating animals with a healthy respect for their unpredictable nature.
4. We have a pool and the kids are welcome to use it as long as there is ample adult supervision. It is six feet deep in the deep end so parents will want to be mindful of their children’s abilities. Also everyone who swims will want to bring a towel and bathing suit. Sunblock is recommended too.
5. We recommend bringing picnic lunch and lots of bottled water/ Gatorade bc it gets very hot there.
6. A word to the wise: there are snakes in the country so keep that in mind. They tend to slither away from humans but you will want to be alert to this fact.
7. We discourage glass of any kind bc it is terrible when it breaks. And we ask that everyone clean up after themselves so that litter does not find its way into the animals’ diets.
8. Leftover bread can be fed to the animals if anyone wants to bring some along.
9. Closed toed shoes should be worn at all times.
10. There are some electric fences on the property to keep animals where they are supposed to be so it will be important to follow directions. These are in no way lethal but will get your attention if you come into contact with them!